bombardier uds picture
immi2006
02-22 07:26 PM
Hi,
I called USCIS today, i was asked to take infopass to get a status update on my case, as it was pending in local office. I am not sure why.
My PD is 2001 March, from Dallas BEC - LC cleared on June 2007. Filed 140+485 on July 2. In my company atleast 400 - 500 number of EB2 cases came thru in June 2007, there were a few hundred lcs from BEC for EB3 too..from 2000-2001 time frame, based on some of the threads I have seen. We are one of the largest networking company in San Jose, here. I am sure there are other companoies that have good number of folks, also depends on how many stuck on..
Filed my 10 th year H1 extension,
PD March 2001
EB2 - Category - Adv Degree
Country - India
Degree - Research IIT/IISc Bangalore.
Following advice of 'Googler' i skimmed through the USCIS OMbud's report. So USCIS is not able to accurately 'count' the cases because old cases at local offices are not accounted in system (?) . Otherwise it would have been a quick data base query to obtain whatever statistics.
And i was interested in knowing how many India EB2 pending till Oct.2002 ;-)
I called USCIS today, i was asked to take infopass to get a status update on my case, as it was pending in local office. I am not sure why.
My PD is 2001 March, from Dallas BEC - LC cleared on June 2007. Filed 140+485 on July 2. In my company atleast 400 - 500 number of EB2 cases came thru in June 2007, there were a few hundred lcs from BEC for EB3 too..from 2000-2001 time frame, based on some of the threads I have seen. We are one of the largest networking company in San Jose, here. I am sure there are other companoies that have good number of folks, also depends on how many stuck on..
Filed my 10 th year H1 extension,
PD March 2001
EB2 - Category - Adv Degree
Country - India
Degree - Research IIT/IISc Bangalore.
Following advice of 'Googler' i skimmed through the USCIS OMbud's report. So USCIS is not able to accurately 'count' the cases because old cases at local offices are not accounted in system (?) . Otherwise it would have been a quick data base query to obtain whatever statistics.
And i was interested in knowing how many India EB2 pending till Oct.2002 ;-)
wallpaper bombardier uds picture
The+tongue+taste+uds
StarSun
03-18 10:25 AM
VA/MD/DC members, please step up and contact sukhwinderd for hosting members. He is keeping track of people wanting to host and people requiring hosts...........
There are a lot of people from far of states asking for hosts. These guys will only need a place to spend the night and a shower in the morning....Many of the VA/MD/DC members who have registered can just take one or two of the members home....
There are a lot of people from far of states asking for hosts. These guys will only need a place to spend the night and a shower in the morning....Many of the VA/MD/DC members who have registered can just take one or two of the members home....
I#39;ve Got Lucky Taste Buds
pzh
07-16 06:18 PM
There isn't a single fact that is true in this fax here. I don't know how groups like this get taken seriously if they don't even do basic research on what they are sending to congresspeople.
(1) The six-year visas allow foreign workers to bring in their families, and guarantee thousands of anchor babies.
First, there is no such thing as anchor baby for H-1B workers. No legal H-1B worker in their right mind would ever try to immigrate in this way. H-1B workers are mostly stuck in the GC waiting game. Most of them are highly educated and will not sit and wait in illegal status for their child to grow up to sponsor them.
(2) H-1B salaries are tax-exempt - no FICA, no federal or state income taxes. They can live at the same level as tax-paying Americans at a lower cost. Therefore, Congress allows foreigners to "low-ball" American workers.
This is another lie. H-1Bs pay all taxes. Also, they are not eligible to use social security benefits when they retire unless they've worked for at least
ten years in the US.
(3) H-1Bs can leave the job they came to fill and seek other jobs, not necessarily in the "hard to fill" category.
Again, this statement is a lie. Changing jobs is risky and not many employers are willing to hire people on H-1B due to problems with immigration procedures and the broken immigration system (one of the reasons Microsoft also opened an office in Vancouver). Every time an H-1B changes their job, they have to get a new LABOR CERTIFICATION. This ensures that the new job will be in the "hard to fill" category!
(4) Most H-1Bs are of a "protected" ethnic group, so H-1Bs have an affirmative action preference when competing with Americans for the same jobs.
Again another lie. The H-1B system is open to people of all nationalities and it is based on skills and education. None of the major ethnic groups or nationalities that use H-1B are "protected" under affirmative action programs. Most important, "affirmative action" does not apply to foreigners in the first place.
(1) The six-year visas allow foreign workers to bring in their families, and guarantee thousands of anchor babies.
First, there is no such thing as anchor baby for H-1B workers. No legal H-1B worker in their right mind would ever try to immigrate in this way. H-1B workers are mostly stuck in the GC waiting game. Most of them are highly educated and will not sit and wait in illegal status for their child to grow up to sponsor them.
(2) H-1B salaries are tax-exempt - no FICA, no federal or state income taxes. They can live at the same level as tax-paying Americans at a lower cost. Therefore, Congress allows foreigners to "low-ball" American workers.
This is another lie. H-1Bs pay all taxes. Also, they are not eligible to use social security benefits when they retire unless they've worked for at least
ten years in the US.
(3) H-1Bs can leave the job they came to fill and seek other jobs, not necessarily in the "hard to fill" category.
Again, this statement is a lie. Changing jobs is risky and not many employers are willing to hire people on H-1B due to problems with immigration procedures and the broken immigration system (one of the reasons Microsoft also opened an office in Vancouver). Every time an H-1B changes their job, they have to get a new LABOR CERTIFICATION. This ensures that the new job will be in the "hard to fill" category!
(4) Most H-1Bs are of a "protected" ethnic group, so H-1Bs have an affirmative action preference when competing with Americans for the same jobs.
Again another lie. The H-1B system is open to people of all nationalities and it is based on skills and education. None of the major ethnic groups or nationalities that use H-1B are "protected" under affirmative action programs. Most important, "affirmative action" does not apply to foreigners in the first place.
2011 The+tongue+taste+uds
tastebuds inside the lip
gandalf_gray
05-28 07:36 PM
Hi,
I'm on L1B for Company A.
My visa, Petition, I-94 are expiring this September.
I was about to begin L1-B Extension.
Now I got news from company B that my H1B petition has been selected in Lottery..
(this is for COS from my L1B to H1B).
Can I go ahead with L1B extension work ?
I do not want to do this, if it will affect the H1 Petition approval.
Please help. Thanks.:confused:
Sorry, I think I posted in wrong place.
I'm on L1B for Company A.
My visa, Petition, I-94 are expiring this September.
I was about to begin L1-B Extension.
Now I got news from company B that my H1B petition has been selected in Lottery..
(this is for COS from my L1B to H1B).
Can I go ahead with L1B extension work ?
I do not want to do this, if it will affect the H1 Petition approval.
Please help. Thanks.
I'm on L1B for Company A.
My visa, Petition, I-94 are expiring this September.
I was about to begin L1-B Extension.
Now I got news from company B that my H1B petition has been selected in Lottery..
(this is for COS from my L1B to H1B).
Can I go ahead with L1B extension work ?
I do not want to do this, if it will affect the H1 Petition approval.
Please help. Thanks.:confused:
Sorry, I think I posted in wrong place.
I'm on L1B for Company A.
My visa, Petition, I-94 are expiring this September.
I was about to begin L1-B Extension.
Now I got news from company B that my H1B petition has been selected in Lottery..
(this is for COS from my L1B to H1B).
Can I go ahead with L1B extension work ?
I do not want to do this, if it will affect the H1 Petition approval.
Please help. Thanks.
more...
tastebuds inside the lip
mallu
02-14 01:08 PM
...... But truly they don't want too many immigrants from one or two specific country. ...
What about taking into account the current US population ( and calculating the per country counts and then decide which country needs more or less limit ? ) . In that case, i think many europian countries will be severely backlogged. :-)
What about taking into account the current US population ( and calculating the per country counts and then decide which country needs more or less limit ? ) . In that case, i think many europian countries will be severely backlogged. :-)
tastebuds inside the lip
prioritydate
01-17 07:32 PM
I think whatever OP said is true.
more...
Tongues+taste+uds
pbojja
03-10 03:03 PM
If you feel good by giving red then pls do it, but that doesn't change what's coming in your way.
This is turning out to be TRUE.
Past week, I made this comment and some people made fun of it. But, it's turning out to be true. They are now fully focusing on EB3 and I think they will continue to do untill they finish all Eb3. Once they reached last quarter then they will make EB2-I/C current and distribute those spill-over visas across EB. They don't have to make EB3-ROW current to give some spill-over to EB3-I. What ever will be left at the end of quarter will be spilled across EB's.
They will do what ever They want to do ..They will take decssions based on them .. They may spill ..They may not spill ...They may suffer ..They may not suffer ..They may left over ..They may not left over ..
Where They can be DOS,USCIS,Applicant or Numbers
This is turning out to be TRUE.
Past week, I made this comment and some people made fun of it. But, it's turning out to be true. They are now fully focusing on EB3 and I think they will continue to do untill they finish all Eb3. Once they reached last quarter then they will make EB2-I/C current and distribute those spill-over visas across EB. They don't have to make EB3-ROW current to give some spill-over to EB3-I. What ever will be left at the end of quarter will be spilled across EB's.
They will do what ever They want to do ..They will take decssions based on them .. They may spill ..They may not spill ...They may suffer ..They may not suffer ..They may left over ..They may not left over ..
Where They can be DOS,USCIS,Applicant or Numbers
2010 I#39;ve Got Lucky Taste Buds
Taste Buds Chocolate Foil
msgrewal81
02-18 08:39 PM
Overall, it is better if this bill dont pass:
1. It makes LC very very difficult
2. It brings illegals who apply infront of legals who apply after the bill passes. So, the backlog will be infinite.
So, in all maybe it is better if this bill fails. It is good for illegals and bad for legals.
1. It makes LC very very difficult
2. It brings illegals who apply infront of legals who apply after the bill passes. So, the backlog will be infinite.
So, in all maybe it is better if this bill fails. It is good for illegals and bad for legals.
more...
Inflamed+papillae+on+
arsh007
01-30 02:45 PM
Hi,
I know a good desi firm. The firm takes just $2/hr for the operational expense. If you need more info please send a private message.
Thanks
I have looking out for companies to sponsor my wife's H1 (she is currently on H4) here in St Louis, MO. One local company (less than 25 employees) is ready to sponsor my wife's H1 provided the following conditions are met:
1. Pay H1 costs (including petition and attorney fees)
2. Pay payroll taxes for my wife from Oct 1, 2007 if she manages to get an H1 but is not able to begin working on a project.
3. Refund of H1 costs after completing 6 months on project.
I was ready for all conditions except 'paying payroll taxes when not on project'. That would mean paying around $700-$800 each month or more...Its surprising how desi companies can impose such conditions....
I am still contemplating whether to go ahead with this company or tell him "GO to HELL".......
I know a good desi firm. The firm takes just $2/hr for the operational expense. If you need more info please send a private message.
Thanks
I have looking out for companies to sponsor my wife's H1 (she is currently on H4) here in St Louis, MO. One local company (less than 25 employees) is ready to sponsor my wife's H1 provided the following conditions are met:
1. Pay H1 costs (including petition and attorney fees)
2. Pay payroll taxes for my wife from Oct 1, 2007 if she manages to get an H1 but is not able to begin working on a project.
3. Refund of H1 costs after completing 6 months on project.
I was ready for all conditions except 'paying payroll taxes when not on project'. That would mean paying around $700-$800 each month or more...Its surprising how desi companies can impose such conditions....
I am still contemplating whether to go ahead with this company or tell him "GO to HELL".......
hair tastebuds inside the lip
Tongues+taste+uds
diptam
06-30 10:48 PM
Yes - USPS express mail is next day. But you may not find a open Post office to post the Mail on SUNDAY.
I'm not sure if you drop it in a Express Mail drop box tomorrow if they will pro-actively pick up and deliver by Monday - Probably No.
USPS express mail is a 365 day service so far as "Delivery" is concerned but not from a "Pick up" standpoint probably
If FedEx doen't help try USPS, they also have overnight delivery.
If you handover the document on Sunday evening before 5.00 PM, by Monday noon it will be delivered.
I'm not sure if you drop it in a Express Mail drop box tomorrow if they will pro-actively pick up and deliver by Monday - Probably No.
USPS express mail is a 365 day service so far as "Delivery" is concerned but not from a "Pick up" standpoint probably
If FedEx doen't help try USPS, they also have overnight delivery.
If you handover the document on Sunday evening before 5.00 PM, by Monday noon it will be delivered.
more...
as inflamed taste tongue
sri1309
02-19 11:46 AM
My assesment is not based on any single case. If this comes as law then people who are here for more than 5 years will get gc immeditely. Because of that backlog will be reduced and waiting time also will be reduced for others those who are here less than 5 years and they will also get GC. Anyhow this bill will not be taken unless CIR is introduced
Senthil, well said.
Those hardworking folks under < 5 years:
We went thru this for more than 5 years and we dont want you to be in that. It wasnt a pleasure. So support this fully and once people with >5 years are cleared (note that its not counted in any quota.. which is good too.. ), then all these cases will just disappear from the waiting lists and you will suddenly see current dates as recent as 2008. Also in the parallel track people get their GCs as they cross 5 years.
Senthil, well said.
Those hardworking folks under < 5 years:
We went thru this for more than 5 years and we dont want you to be in that. It wasnt a pleasure. So support this fully and once people with >5 years are cleared (note that its not counted in any quota.. which is good too.. ), then all these cases will just disappear from the waiting lists and you will suddenly see current dates as recent as 2008. Also in the parallel track people get their GCs as they cross 5 years.
hot tastebuds inside the lip
Sores and as inflamed taste
monkeyman
09-27 10:28 AM
I have worked in France and Belgium for a little over an year and this is my personal experience - the work environment at that time 2000 - 01 was alright. However, I had to struggle with language barriers and worse of all - the keyboard barriers. The standards in IT industry were very very different and though it was an experience, the learning curve was huge. Personally, I would much rather prefer to be in US or better still in UAE I'd think.
Next, I have been reading a lot about reverse brain drain - where families were going back home. I also heard about some site about return2India.com. And my brother took the step after pondering over it for an year - he had it all - GC, a family here, job at you know where in Seattle - and his experience has been an enlightment - he is now struggling with work life ratio - he spends most of the day/night at work and he has to pay bills at the bank and he has no clue what is going on at the school and somehow, his team in India thinks he is a smartass because he tries to apply certain standards (which ofcourse is normal here) and he speaks with an accent. And yes, if you studied here and lived for 10 years, you too will have the accent. But, he says he is very satisfied and happy to be there.And then he says, the pay scale is sufficient for him and his family to lead the Indian dream. We should have some way of commuicating with such expatriates too!!!
Next, I have been reading a lot about reverse brain drain - where families were going back home. I also heard about some site about return2India.com. And my brother took the step after pondering over it for an year - he had it all - GC, a family here, job at you know where in Seattle - and his experience has been an enlightment - he is now struggling with work life ratio - he spends most of the day/night at work and he has to pay bills at the bank and he has no clue what is going on at the school and somehow, his team in India thinks he is a smartass because he tries to apply certain standards (which ofcourse is normal here) and he speaks with an accent. And yes, if you studied here and lived for 10 years, you too will have the accent. But, he says he is very satisfied and happy to be there.And then he says, the pay scale is sufficient for him and his family to lead the Indian dream. We should have some way of commuicating with such expatriates too!!!
more...
house I#39;ve Got Lucky Taste Buds
x, taste, tongue,
sbindval
06-13 09:49 AM
Please check this out...might give you guys some hope and laughter :)
immigration_the_human_cost (http://www.theonion.com/content/video/immigration_the_human_cost)
immigration_the_human_cost (http://www.theonion.com/content/video/immigration_the_human_cost)
tattoo tastebuds inside the lip
Taste Buds
ndbhatt
02-15 01:26 PM
now what the hell is ROW and ICMP ?
ROW = Rest Of World
ICMP = India, China, Mexico and Phillipines
ROW = Rest Of World
ICMP = India, China, Mexico and Phillipines
more...
pictures Tongues+taste+uds
Inflamed+papillae+on+
chanduv23
10-29 11:45 AM
Come on folks - we need requests in large numbers or else our campaigns will fail. Let us not be victims of our own inaction.
Please send in your requests.
This is a very serious action item and IV is working extremely hard in the background
Please send in your requests.
This is a very serious action item and IV is working extremely hard in the background
dresses Sores and as inflamed taste
taste buds
leoindiano
03-17 01:05 PM
As i said, eb3 to eb2 porting is not easy....Unless, there is very strong case, like applicant having US Masters degree but employer filed in EB3 for reasons they only know....
Read this story...
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13810
Read this story...
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13810
more...
makeup Inflamed+papillae+on+
I#39;ve Got Lucky Taste Buds
HV000
08-15 06:04 PM
Unfortunately, China and ROW EB2 are 2 and 3 years ahead of INDIA EB2!!!
Hopefully, INDIA EB2 and EB3 moves forward in OCT with new allocation.
The DOS method of PIECE MEAL ALLOCATION NEEDS TO CHANGE!!
Hopefully, INDIA EB2 and EB3 moves forward in OCT with new allocation.
The DOS method of PIECE MEAL ALLOCATION NEEDS TO CHANGE!!
girlfriend Taste Buds
the taste buds on tongue
ingegarcia
02-15 04:40 PM
How is ROW getting screwed?. Look at the situation as individuals applying irrespective of country of birth. Last Year, there were 120,000(approx) applicants and only 60,000(approx) H1-b1 visas. NOW: It just happens that a lot or 60%were natives of one country. But that does not mean anything... There could be more ROW applicants who could apply, no body is stopping them. There are just not enough ROW applicants that employers can find.
Also remember countries like India, China do not qualify for diversity visas. So an ROW applicant also has that advantage. Most people from small african countries and others qualify to apply there. China, India, Phillipines, Mexico are also backlogged in the family category. ROW has that advantage too.
This is not true otherwise EB3 ROW would not be in 2005.
Also remember countries like India, China do not qualify for diversity visas. So an ROW applicant also has that advantage. Most people from small african countries and others qualify to apply there. China, India, Phillipines, Mexico are also backlogged in the family category. ROW has that advantage too.
This is not true otherwise EB3 ROW would not be in 2005.
hairstyles as inflamed taste tongue
rear tastebuds
cps060
03-19 06:13 PM
Thanks for the information.
Does this mean that if my spouse wants to start school in Sept 2007, it is fine to keep working till August 2007, file I539 change of status to H4 then and then resign from the company once one gets that receipt notice. With the receipt notice itself its good to be in status and can go to school then. The actual approval may come in 3-4 months and that should not be a consideration for the school.
Please tell me your views/experiences.
H1 is a non immigrant but dual intent visa.. It is assumed that you might try to immigrate...When your spouse filed I-140 , the immigration intent came forth.. Now USCIS already knows that your spouse wnts to immigrate...
F1 is a strictly non-immigrant visa. You have to prove your intention of not immigrating to USCIS....
So your position for asking a H1 to F1 transfer is inherently weak....Again a good attorney can spin it....You need a an extremely good attorney....
If you are paying out of your pocket, you can go to college on H4..
Student loans are not available on H4...No financial aid of any kind would be available on H4...
Transferring from H1 to H4 should be quick....I would not bother to file in premium...You are to stop working anyway....Just getting an application receipt should be good enough to start college....If the college allows, you can start college immediately....USCIS never objects to you going to college
as long as you can pay....
I know all this because I did the research when my wife started her college..Should finish this may..
Does this mean that if my spouse wants to start school in Sept 2007, it is fine to keep working till August 2007, file I539 change of status to H4 then and then resign from the company once one gets that receipt notice. With the receipt notice itself its good to be in status and can go to school then. The actual approval may come in 3-4 months and that should not be a consideration for the school.
Please tell me your views/experiences.
H1 is a non immigrant but dual intent visa.. It is assumed that you might try to immigrate...When your spouse filed I-140 , the immigration intent came forth.. Now USCIS already knows that your spouse wnts to immigrate...
F1 is a strictly non-immigrant visa. You have to prove your intention of not immigrating to USCIS....
So your position for asking a H1 to F1 transfer is inherently weak....Again a good attorney can spin it....You need a an extremely good attorney....
If you are paying out of your pocket, you can go to college on H4..
Student loans are not available on H4...No financial aid of any kind would be available on H4...
Transferring from H1 to H4 should be quick....I would not bother to file in premium...You are to stop working anyway....Just getting an application receipt should be good enough to start college....If the college allows, you can start college immediately....USCIS never objects to you going to college
as long as you can pay....
I know all this because I did the research when my wife started her college..Should finish this may..
signifer123
02-16 06:20 AM
Yeah that scared the crap out of me...good luck beating him anyone, dang thats how mine was gonna look.
veereddy
06-11 12:49 PM
Sent
No comments:
Post a Comment